Your support makes a difference.“2020 has been a challenging year for us all but even more so for those affected by cancer,” says Scott Warwick, President and Chief Administrative Officer, Thompson Cancer Survival Center. “Studies have shown that the impact of COVID-19 on cancer patients is more than double the impact on the normal population. Because of this, family and friends attending appointments and treatments with them have been limited to protect their safety. Now more than ever, cancer patients need these many valuable support programs funded by the TCSC Foundation. So please join us in our first ever virtual race to support cancer patients during this difficult time.”
Participants will use the RaceJoy App for this event.
- The RaceJoy application utilizes a smart phone’s gps capability to record distance and time.
- Each registered participant will receive detailed instructions on using the RaceJoy application.
- Learn more - click here
We have included RaceJoy utilization for this event to each registered participant as part of the registration fee. Each registered participant will receive detailed instructions on using the RaceJoy application. We have also posted those instructions on this page. The RaceJoy application utilizes a smart phone's gps capability to record distance and time. Instructions for RaceJoy utilization for virtual events are as follows:
- Download RaceJoy from the App Store or Google Play.
- Find Race: Click Featured Races to access the event you are doing or search by name in the search field.
- Set Up Tracking: Click I Want to Be Tracked and follow the prompts carefully. Select the course(s) you plan to complete.
- Enter Your Bib Number for Results: For events offering virtual scored results, enter your bib number provided to you by the race. RaceJoy will then automatically submit your finish data. Ensure Proper Settings: Follow RaceJoy's prompts and adjust settings as needed.
Virtual Race Day:
- Click TRACK ME: Make sure to click the green blinking TrackMe button on race day to start the tracking of your phone.
- Select the course you are about to do.
- For Virtual Courses, Click START MY RACE as you begin your walk/run to start your personal clock.
- RaceJoy auto detects when you complete the course distance. No need to click Finish. Race Redo for Virtual Events: You have the option to redo a course by clicking the redo button. This is only available for virtual events or on-site events with expanded race dates. Warning: Selecting the redo button will clear previous performance data.
The Race Against Cancer is part of the Run and See Tennessee Grand Prix© series
*5KCourse certification is available at www.totalracesolutions.com; certification code TN18060MS.