Join us June 25, 2021
GET YOUR GAME ON!
Location: The Wakefield Corporation,
10646 Dutchtown Road • Knoxville, Tennessee
Admission: $50 per person • casual attire
Ticket price includes admission, unlimited free play, one celebrity match (additional matches available for $10 each), food, and a beer/wine token.
Questions? Call (865) 531-5226
Game On Against Cancer benefits patients in need at Thompson Cancer Survival Center. The event features celebrity matches on a variety of home gaming equipment, music, delicious food and beverages, and a fabulous selection of silent auction items!
Given that we are still dealing with the effects of the pandemic, the event is moving to the summer this year Friday, June 25th. By moving the event to a warmer time of year, our friends at The Wakefield Corporation will be able to host activities outside, as well as open the huge doors on both ends of the warehouse for plenty of air flow inside. We are committed to making Game On an enjoyable, comfortable, and safe environment for all our sponsors and guests.
Game On Against Cancer's proceeds support Thompson Cares, a fund that assists cancer patients in financial need with their basic living expenses.
In 2020, Thompson Cares assisted almost 800 cancer patients with life’s necessities such as transportation, utilities, medications, prostheses, housing, and more. These patients received over $71,000 in support. Your sponsorship will make a difference to patients far beyond their immediate crisis. In fact, it may mean the difference between having life-saving treatment or foregoing it all together. Thanks to the generosity of Game On sponsors like you, the event has raised more than $411,000 over the last nine years!
Admission with the purchase of your ticket, participants will get the following:
- Bid number for silent auction
- One free drink token for wine or beer (Additional drinks for $5 at the bar). Non-alcoholic drinks available
- Opportunities to challenge local celebrities and media personalities in games of table tennis, billiards, corn hole, air hockey, blackjack, shuffleboard, and darts. One opportunity (game token) with each ticket purchase
- Additional opportunities will be available at gaming areas for $10 each
- From 6:00 p.m. – 6:50 p.m., guests may play at any of the gaming areas and use this as a “warm-up” for their celebrity match.
- Celebrity matches will begin promptly at 7:00 p.m.
- Additional opportunities to play will be available for $10 each and coordinated through the game station volunteer.
- Individual winners of celebrity game matches will receive an event medallion.
- Celebrities do not win event medallions, but they will be eligible to win the night’s overall celebrity player award, the Sam Littleton Memorial Award.
Auction bidding will start at 6:00 p.m. and end at 9:00 p.m.